We advise on all aspects of the film and television industries.
Our specialist areas include negotiating and documenting the following:
- Development: Options over literary works; purchase of rights: writers agreements; development funding including individual and slate development deals; first look arrangements and overhead deals.
- Financing: International co-productions; multiple party financings; equity investments; bank and/or senior lender financings; regional and national funding; security managements; tax efficient structures and refinancing.
- Production: The whole range of production agreements including complex co-productions by way of international treaties containing tax credits to director, cast, crew and producer deals, location and studio agreements, music composing and licences, footage clearance, releases, post production services and facilities including special effects and delivery arrangements.
- Distribution: Sales agency arrangements; UK and international distribution deals; sales and acquisitions; broadcaster arrangement; emerging media and ancillary rights, format and sequel/prequel/spin off arrangements.
- Rights acquisition for all kinds of UK, USA, Australia, China and Canada (amongst others) and international television development production and exploitation.
- Commissioning, co-production and financing agreements
- Clearance and content advice
- Television format deals
- Licensing and merchandising
- Content distribution
- SEIS and EIS investment and company matters
- Corporate and company documentation and services
We are experts in all aspects of the commissioning and use of music in film/TV – acting for both production companies and also composers.